Canon Pixma iP1880 Resetter | How to Reset Printer
For resetting waste ink counter on Canon Pixma iP1880 printer you can use one of methods on this post. You can Canon Pixma iP1880 need to be reset is the led POWER and ALARM blinking. It mean the printer counter is full.
To reset the counter you can use manual method or using software resetter for Canon Pixma iP1880. The software resetter can be used is General tools and iPTool.A.
On reset manual, sometime printer return blinking after turn on again. For reset manual following its way:
- Turn the printer on
- Press and hold Resume button for 1-2 minutes
- Open the printer cover
- Release the catridge and then put catridge again
- Close The Cover
- Turn Off then Turn On again.
B. Using GeneralTool for canon pixma ip 1800 series
Before using GeneralTool for canon pixma ip 1800, printer driver should have been install correctly in the computer.
Using GeneralTool iP 1800...? why do not use GeneralTool iP 1880. Canon Pixma iP 1880 is canon iP 1800 series. Follow this intruction to reset the printer :
- Download software resetter for canon pixma iP1880 from Here
- Before connecting printer to the power suply, press and hold power button then connecting the printer to the power.
- While hold the power button press reject button for 2 times then release power button.
- Run general tool for canon iP 1880. After the printer know, Click lock release button. ( note : to view locK release menu, min resolution 1024 x 728).
- Then select Set Destination to iP1800 (my canon iP 1880 printer is iP1800ASA)
- Click MAIN and PLATEN button to reset waste ink counter to zero.
- Finally test print by click TEST PATTERN button.
C. Using iPTool software
This is software from Rusia for canon iP series. Using this software give separate experience. this software detect automatically attached printer in the computer. following way reset to use iPTool software :
- Download and ektrak iPtool software, you can download the software here: Download iPTool.
- Turn on the printer.
- Then run iptool software, the software will detect the printer automatically.
- To reset waste ink counter to zero click “Reset Main” and “Reset Platen” button.
Note: Can not download software resetter mentioned on this post or link broken. Please leave a reply to get update link.